EDA’s Data as a Service (DaaS) offers a data delivery model that provides data to users on-demand over a network. It enables organizations to leverage external data sources, tap into specialized datasets, and access data-driven services without the need to build and maintain their own data infrastructure or storage.
EDA DaaS provides services throughout the data life cycle to partners. We are a cost-effective, data-centric approach to fast, agile strategic decisions. We empower partners to store, request and analyze data for clinical research, business insights, and to share valuable data insights with stakeholders.
Our DaaS offerings include the operation of data stewardship principles, such as all aspects of data governance, including data storage, data collection, data standards, data modeling, data quality, and data privacy, by offering the necessary tools and services to manage and deliver data effectively.
Data Access or Data delivery
EDA data resources include PCORnet, National Cohort COVID Collaborative and the Meharry data ecosystem. Each dataset is shared through collective stewardship to enable analysis. We will make data accessible upon your request to a facility or individual at Meharry or a third party via a secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) or VPN.
Our data stewardship team is your first contact for data services. We will discuss your data needs, create a project plan and handle all data management, regulatory and governance issues. Start a conversation with data stewardship about your data needs by completing the Request Data Services form.
Data governance is central to all data and analytics offerings. We support an organization’s overarching data management strategy, providing a holistic approach to collecting, managing, securing, and storing data. In short, we allow you to focus on strategic planning while we ensure that you maintain trust, transparency and control over your data.
Data governance provides the structure for each facet of data management.
- Data Architecture: The overall structure of data and data-related resources is an integral part of the enterprise architecture.
- Data Modeling and Design: The analysis, design, building, testing, and maintenance of data structures.
- Data Storage and Operations: The management of physical data asset storage and deployment. Deliverables can include cloud-based data lakes that allow you to leverage data on-demand without installing or maintaining the technology yourself. For lead investigators, clinicians or department leadership, we provide data registries or data repositories to support multiple ongoing, longitudinal efforts encompassing quality of care, clinical effectiveness, research, or education. We can also provide research data extracts to support drafting or conducting grant work, publishing or presenting findings, conducting quality improvement, or research activities.
- Data Security: We will ensure privacy, confidentiality, and provide structure for appropriate access to data.
- Data Integration and Interoperability: Processes involving data acquisition, extraction, transformation, movement, delivery, replication, federation, and virtualization.
- Documents and Content: Management of data found in unstructured sources, including its storage, protection, indexing, and integration with structured data.
- Data Standards: We manage of shared data to reduce redundancy and ensure better data quality through standardized definition and use of data values.
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (BI): Management of analytical data processing and enabling access to decision support data for reporting and analysis.
- Metadata Management: We establish processes for collecting, categorizing, maintaining, integrating, controlling, managing, and delivering metadata.
- Data Quality: We define, monitor, maintain data integrity, and improve data quality.